Canby Utility, a municipal electric and water utility nestled in the northern Willamette Valley, just 30 minutes south of Portland, Oregon, is looking to hire a journeyman lineman to join our team. Canby Utility serves a population of approximately 17,000 with 7,200 electric meters, owns two substations, is approximately 75% underground, and is a full requirements customer of the Bonneville Power Administration.
The applicant must possess the required knowledge, skills, physical abilities, and competencies to perform all related duties associated with being journeyman lineman including construction, maintenance and repair of overhead and underground electric distribution system facilities; substation experience is a plus.
• Journeyman Lineman card
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Hot Stick experience
• Proficiency in operating line equipment and tools used in construction, maintenance, and repair of overhead and underground power lines.
• Ability to meet the physical demands typical for the position, with or without accommodation.
• Post-offer, pre-employment physical capacity screening by a licensed medical professional or physical therapist, drug test, criminal background check, and acceptable driving history verified through Department of Motor Vehicles.
• Must have a valid Class A Commercial driver’s license with airbrake endorsement.
• Knowledge and understanding of OSHA 29 CFR 1910.269 safety rules and regulations
• Join/affiliate with IBEW Local 125
Canby Utility offers an excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, Oregon PERS/Public Service Retirement Plan (OPSRP), VEBA account and an option to invest into the 401(k) and 457 plans. Canby Utility currently pays 93% of the employee and family medical, dental, and vision premium costs, and the employee’s 6% contribution portion of PERS.
For a complete job description, Veteran’s Preference, and application visit our website at: www.canbyutility.org/about/jobs or contact Barbara Benson by calling 503-266-1156 x 323, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 154 NW 1st Avenue, Canby, OR 97013
Applications accepted until filled.