Notice of Intent to Bid within the Next Month
PGE and IBEW 125 have agreed to a new position of Communications Technician Trainee. This position will be posted soon. This notice is to advise you of the qualifications for entering into a Trainee classification
- Proof of passing Math 95 or higher within the last three years
Math courses and challenge exams may be taken at any Community College. Documentation of math proficiency and must be submitted with your application.
- Two years’ Utility experience, preferably in a power utility environment.
- Documentation of technical training or practical experience working on electronic systems such as:
1. FCC General Radio Telephone Operator's License or its equivalent (APCO, NARTE or NABOR Technician license) preferred.
2. State of Oregon Low Voltage (within the last four years) or an Electrical License allowing the installation of low voltage cable preferred
3. Packet Network Routing/Switching or Security certification preferred. Valid driver's license is required and must be maintained. Medical Card must be obtained within 6 months, CDL preferred.
Skilled in the use of personal computer, and software to include MS Office, Visio, Terminal Emulation Software, and Work Order Management.
Physical requirements of the positions include; Climbing Towers with heights of 200 FT or more, Working in Confined Spaces, and some heavy lifting.