APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 20, 2019
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Equipment Operator (R-19-0007)
Starting Wage: $35.58/hour
In this position you will assist line crews in the performance of their work responsibilities, driving trucks (with or without a trailer) from headquarters to job sites.
You will support our journey:
- Operate primary equipment, puller/tensioner, dozer, and other equipment as needed.
- Work around energized equipment.
- Load, secure, and haul equipment on a tractor-trailer.
- Service and assume responsibility for obtaining proper maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Assist crews as directed by the crew foreman and perform other work as assigned.
You will bring the following skills to our team:
- Twelve months or more of utility line experience.
- Be fully proficient operating primary equipment (boom truck, digger derrick, backhoe, and excavator).
- Possess CDL Class A driver’s license and acquire a tanker endorsement within 6 months on the job.
- Good vision, including good color and depth perception.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment medical examination, DOT drug screen and physical capacity testing.
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
In order to be considered an applicant for this position, you will need to complete our employment application. Apply online at https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req= R-19-0007 by the application deadline. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING