OTEC - Journeyman Lineman Burns
OREGON TRAIL ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE
The Journeyman Lineman in Burns, Oregon, performs all classes of overhead and underground transmission and distribution work. This position starts at $45.80 per hour.
• Operate all vehicles and equipment used in construction, maintenance, and operation of overhead and underground power lines.
• Perform substation maintenance, construction, and switching for both distribution and transmission voltages.
• Construct, repair, and replace overhead transmission and distribution power lines and associated equipment.
• Use safety equipment needed to safely work on or near energized conductors and associated electrical equipment.
• Repair and trouble-shoot underground lines and equipment.
• Climb poles and other system structures proficiently.
• Perform work in a safe manner in conformance with all applicable policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Other duties as assigned and as qualified to perform.
• Participation in cooperative strategy and initiatives
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Successful completion of an approved apprenticeship program for an electrical lineman
• Valid Class A commercial driver's license (CDL)
• IBEW Journeyman Certification
• Reside within 20 road miles door-to-door from home to their district office
• Takes initiative/self-motivated
• Lift, carry, pull, and push items that can weigh as much as 100 pounds
• Ability to climb poles and other system structures proficiently
• Clear and thorough understanding of switching processes
• Troubleshoot the source of power outages
• High school diploma or equivalent
Send employment application and resume to HR at Careers@otecc.com with the job title in the subject line.
Download an application at www.otec.coop/careers.
This position is represented by a union and will be open